Today we’re going to share with you the top 4 best places to search and understand a mover’s reputation online:
This following list is in no specific order
- BBB – Most people are familiar with BBB, at least I think they are. The Better Business Bureau “…Ensures that high standards for trust are set and maintained. We exist so consumers and businesses alike have an unbiased source to guide them on matters of trust. We provide educational information and expert advice that is free of charge and easily accessible.” This is the go-to site for seeing a quick snapshot of a mover’s reputation over the years.
- Moving Company Reviews – “MCR verifies every review with a Bill of Lading (move receipt) to ensure it was written by a real customer for a real move.” MCR has paved the way for reliably reviewing moving companies. Each review is verified, so you know everything you read is accurate and trustworthy.
- ICC – The ICC (Illinois Commerce Commission) is the issuing body for a mover’s local license. Without a license through the ICC, a moving company can’t legally perform a local relocation within Illinois. Always make sure to ask a mover what their ICC license number is, so that you may be able to double-check their credibility.
- DOT – The DOT (Department of Transportation) is the issuing body of a mover’s long distance licenses. Without a license through the DOT, a moving company can’t legally perform a long distance relocation.
What about all the other review sites out there? They’re nice and each serve their own purpose, but will all the sites out there it becomes too overwhelming. Pick 1, 2, 3, or 4 from the above and you should easily be able to get a general feel of a moving company.
A few resource links:
- BBB Chicago – http://www.bbb.org/chicago/
- Moving Company Reviews – http://www.movingcompanyreviews.com/alternate
- ICC License Search – https://www.icc.illinois.gov/utility/defaulthhg.aspx
- DOT License Search – https://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/CompanySnapshot.aspx
creative wordpress theme